Four and a half years ago we decided to help out Grandma and move in to her home. Even though we were happy to be able to help, we have missed having a place of our own. We decided to take the plunge and purchased......a condo! We realized that Kyle won't always be around to be the lawn mower, gutter cleaner-outer, light puter-upper and fix it man. So we decided we don't want to do that stuff anymore. We have been there- done that and want to enjoy more of our weekend.
So.... we bought a 2800 sq. ft, 4 bedroom, 4 bath condo with great open space and (unfinished)hardwood floors under all the gross carpet. It's dated, but with a lot of the expensive stuff recently re-done (windows, furnace, bath vanities).
We saw great potential and are busy making it our own. Here are some "before"
 |
| Granny fixtures and wallpaper- um, no |
 |
| Using the litterbox was optional for the kitties. |
 |
| Groovy paneling and red shag on the walls of the basement. |
 |
| closet in family room that sticks into the laundry room-gotta go! |
Better u guys than us. Hope it makes a great home!
ReplyDeleteWow, it looks like a really neat space!! I'm soooo excited for you guys! Those hardwood floors look like you can work with them right? How is the rest of the place?
ReplyDeleteWe are getting to raid our place too. The family is really tired of my office being located right in the kitchen (the family tells me it looks like a hoarder corner!) So now I am finally taking one of the bedrooms.
What style or design are you going to do? I think I'm going to go for like an Earthy Asian kind of feel with Craftsman design worked in. Craftsman is my favorite. Not sure how I will pull it off!!
I will have fun following your progress!!
Love you and good luck!
Wow, it looks like a really neat space!! I'm soooo excited for you guys! Those hardwood floors look like you can work with them right? How is the rest of the place?
ReplyDeleteWe are getting to raid our place too. The family is really tired of my office being located right in the kitchen (the family tells me it looks like a hoarder corner!) So now I am finally taking one of the bedrooms.
What style or design are you going to do? I think I'm going to go for like an Earthy Asian kind of feel with Craftsman design worked in. Craftsman is my favorite. Not sure how I will pull it off!!
I will have fun following your progress!!
Love you and good luck!